Over the years computers have become an integral part of the office environment. Aspiring professionals in the IT field need to understand the basics of computers. In addition, they need to acquire basic skills to solve common computer-related problems and enhance their productivity. Windows has emerged as one of the most widely used operating systems over the last decade. Windows is easy to use and has, therefore, become very popular. The course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer software and hardware to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job. In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, upgrade, repair, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, and perform preventative maintenance of basic personal computer hardware and operating systems. In addition, this course also addresses the latest skills needed by technicians, such as basic principles on how to secure a network and network technologies, media, and topologies, devices, management, tools, and security.
- Understand the fundamentals of computer technology, networking, and security.
- Identify hardware, peripheral, networking, and security components of a computer.
- Understand the basic functionality of the Windows OS.
- Understand basic troubleshooting methodology.
- Practice proper safety procedures while working with computers.
- Effectively interact with customers and peers.
- Identify and define network components, models, and protocols
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot networks
- Manage and monitor networks
- Implement security methods to ensure network security
- Describe the enterprise desktop lifecycle.
- Assess hardware and infrastructure readiness for enterprise level desktop deployment.
- Identify and select the appropriate deployment option as per organizational requirements.
- Deploy, manage, and secure desktops by implementing centralized policies.
- Design, configure and implement desktop settings
- Manage and maintain an organizational desktop infrastructure.
- Plan, configure, and implement user state virtualization.
Office PC Technician
Hardware & Network Support
No previous experience needed